Saturday 5 July 2014

Garnier Ultimate Blends Nourishing Shampoo&Conditioner

Hi everyone! 

So for today's review I decided to do a product from Garnier that I've been loving recently, As some of you might know from my previous post I have been dyeing my hair a lot lately, (reviews on different dye's coming up later this month) and it really does take a lot out of your hair, so on a mission to try and get it back to its normal healthiness I wanted to try out these new products from Garnier, which were on special at Asda for £2 each for the 400ml bottles. They also do other versions too, but this one for dry damaged hair has suited me perfectly. I think there is one for coloured hair, but I have a separate conditioner to keep my colour locked in tight!

The Nourishing Repairer version claims to "Leave hair feeling intensely nourished from root to tip, and will leave hair super soft yet non-greasy." I can honestly say that I've used this product 3 times since buying it, and not a lot looks like it has been used, I can tell that my hair feels softer and it certainly makes my hair look healthier somehow, which is all that a girl could ask for!? You can also get a mask treatment, which I imagine is gorgeous!
To apply this product I wet my hair first and then apply a generous amount of the shampoo into the palm of my hand and then onto my hair, I lather for about 3 minutes and then wash out with luke warm water, When it comes to the conditioner, I like to drain all of the water possible from my hair before applying so that the conditioner isn't watered down and can work to its full potential. I leave on for about 5-10 minutes before washing off. (Concentrating mostly on the ends of my hair because that's where I need it most.)

Therefore I can definitely tell that the condition of my hair has improved, and the only disadvantage I have to say about these products are the difficulty to open the lid, Its really hard to open and when I first opened it, it really hurt my fingers... Maybe it will loosen over time?
Anyhow I would give these two products a 6.5/10 because they are nourishing, and very kind to the hair (and smell wonderful!) but they aren't the best that I have ever tried... but I would re-purchase as a 'kind to pocket' alternative option.

You can find them at different stores now for these prices:
ASDA - £2 each bottle. £4 total for both. (400ml)
SUPERDRUG- £3.89 for each bottle. £7.78 for both. (400ml)
TESCO- *On special* £1.94 for each bottle. £3.88 for both. (400ml)
(Disclaimer: These products I brought myself with my own money. Therefore these opinions are my own and I am not being paid to do this review.)

Overall guys I hope this review has helped you in anyway, feel free to leave a comment, and if you do... have you tried these products? What did you think? Did they work for you? 




No comments:

Post a Comment